Friday, September 14, 2007

Rebecca's story...

The boy on the left is Ishimwe (9) and the younger is Nshimiyamana (6).
They are brothers and came in 2004 to the orphanage, because their parents both died at the same day and there was no other relatives or siblings, who could take care of them.
But I love watching them, how Ishimwe takes care of his younger brother and to see, how much they love each other. They spend a lot of time together playing, talking or just sitting around.

So, I am so blessed, that I have the honor, to meet and to get to know this two lovely boys!

Ishimwe is a real boy. He loves to play rough games and running around. But he loves to come, sit on my lap, then he puts my arm around his stomach and just sits still and holds my hands. Well, today tough, something really funny happen.
We were eating banana for a little snack after naptime and homework, and then I watched him, as he stood in front of one of the windows, watching himself eating the banana. He noticed that he had a little piece of banana on his lip. Instead of taking it with his tongue and eat it, he tried to blow it away, but with no success. So I started laughing, because he looked back in the window, just to find out, that the piece is still there. And then he was so surprised, that it showed it in his face expression. It was just cute and great….

Nshimiyamana is at times a real boy, playing rough games with the other 3 boys at the home, but then, there are days where he just doesn’t want to do anything. He’d rather sits on my lap, playing with my watch. Oh, I almost forgot: He loves to give me kisses! Today, he gave me sooo many kisses and he also tried to kiss me on my mouth! Well, I was fast enough to recognise, what he wants, so I stopped him… J But he looks up to his older brother, his older brother is everything for him.

So, these were only 2 great kids from the home, and there are 10 others…!!! I have a great time, helping them with their homework, playing, drawing, making fun, tickling them or caring them on my back around the house.